Test Report: Sensitive Strain Gauge Testing of Large-Diameter Culvert Rehabilitation
• 03/22/2017 • Edit
Dear Stormwater Professional,
In March 2010, an unusually configured culvert passing under Florida State Route 16 was rehabilitated with Permacast® PL-8000, a high strength, fine aggregate composite concrete, formulated by AP/M Permaform.
Our friends at AP/M Permaform provided this test report to show how Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) has been monitoring the project, with the structural integrity of the rehabilitation of particular interest.
When you read this test report, you will:
- Discover the four qualities which make PL-8000 ideal for failing structures like culverts
- Learn how FDOT was able to keep State Road 16 open during rehabilitation
- Find out why this material is very strong and ideal for sewer and pipe rehabilitation
In this culvert rehabilitation, the total thickness was just a 2-inch layer of new concrete, in a failing, 13-foot-diameter, corrugated metal pipe. Although this thickness was designed and certified by engineers for the rehabilitation, many designers contemplating trenchless sewer rehabilitation have asked for verification of the real-world structural performance of PL-8000 and the CentriPipe® system. This test report provides verification after six-and-one-half years in place. The SR 16 culvert proved to be an ideal opportunity to answer these remaining performance questions.
Have you ever wondered:
- How to conduct independent load testing
- How the 2-inch layer of PL-8000 stood up to extreme load testing by a 83,620-pound 18 wheeler
- What the result of ongoing strain monitoring over a 3-week period would show
If any of these questions intrigue you…if there’s anything in sewer pipe rehabilitation you think you still have to learn…download this FREE test report now, before your attention turns to other matters.
This test report, written by in-the-field expert Angus W. Stocking, L.S., is FREE. Learn how PL-8000 performs under stress load testing. Read it now by downloading: Test Report: Sensitive Strain Gauge Testing of Large-Diameter Culvert Rehabilitation.
Publishers of Stormwater
P.S. This test report is exclusive to Stormwater readers.