Remember how 10 blindfolded people in a room each describe the elephant from their own perspective? The same might be said of soil—the stuff we interchangeably refer to as ground, dirt, or surface covering. Eric C. Brevik, a professor of soil science at Dickinson State University in North Dakota, illustrates how soil by any other name is not just dirt.
- Insights From the Journey
- Parting the Waters
- The Right Size for the Job
- Changing Land Surfaces With Retaining Walls
- On the Ground and Underground
- Inlet and Storm Drain Protection