Interested in being published or produced by Forester?
All you have to do is reach out and get in touch with us. We’re always looking for great content and will watch, listen to, or read your ideas in just about any format.
Send us your complete conference papers, your unpublished white papers, or e-mail us your PowerPoint presentation, an article you’ve begun to outline—even just a few notes you may have jotted down on paper. We can help you organize your ideas into a well-written feature article, blog, essay, or a webinar or live presentation.
With several trade journals, a rapidly growing online education & training division, trade shows & conferences, and a book publishing division, Forester Media is an expanding multimedia company with a voracious appetite. We’ve put together the following guidelines to assist you in preparing your submissions to us.
- How long can articles be? Our feature articles typically range from 2,000–4,000 words per article. Each article can include photographs, tables, and charts.
- What is the review process for submissions? The magazine editor will read through the submitted article and check for basic elements. Submissions should contain (or have the potential for) the appropriate amount of technical detail. Submissions should speak to our general audience, who are professionals working in the industry addressed by each of our sites or publications, so we can’t use material that is too simple or basic. Our readers have years of on-the-job experience, and we encourage you to try to “write over their heads.” Submissions should not promote a specific product, company, or technology. And submission should not be previously published. Our editors review and assess all submitted material to determine if the article will be assigned to a specific site, newsletter, or printed issue.
- How do we choose which articles go in which issues? We follow an editorial calendar that maps out certain topics we will cover, and when we will be covering them. Typically, we focus on a handful of featured topics in each issue. Our editorial calendar is released once a year.
- Do articles have to match what is on our editorial calendar? They do not have to match our editorial calendar. In fact, those are the kinds of fresh ideas we’re looking for. We also have a number of different “departments” such as “Project Profiles” or “Reader Profiles.” We also publish white papers, training articles, and safety columns.
- Can I share other news such as new hires, newly released products, or awards and events? Yes. The editor will review all of these kinds of submissions and decide on the appropriate platform for each. Depending on the item, there may be a place in the magazine, or it may be more appropriate to be placed in one of the numerous categories of our websites or newsletters.
- How soon should I let Forester know about my idea? As soon as you can. Like many publications and news outlets, we have deadlines to follow. We also prefer to work as far ahead as we can because it allows us more time to publish the best article possible.
If you still have questions, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone or by e-mail.
Contact Arturo Santiago at [email protected] or call (805) 679-7629.