The Sustainable Site: The Design Manual for Green Infrastructure and Low Impact Development
By Rodney W. Tyler, Alexander Marks, Dr. Britt Faucette
The concepts in this book are so critical to a project’s success and reducing the long-term costs of our infrastructure, you’ll wonder why it wasn’t written sooner.
The Sustainable Site is an essential tool for all project engineers, designers, regulators and planners, managers, contractors, engineers, consultants, policymakers, builders, landscape designers, irrigation professionals, academicians, and water resource managers. This book provides you with:
- An understanding of site design that is new, proven and performance-based
- A standardized reference to specify and design sustainable management practices into site and master plans
- An understanding of the current state of sustainable stormwater management and the trends affecting this growing discipline
- 10 standard specifications and design criteria for construction activity stormwater
management and land-disturbing activity applications
- 14 standard specifications and design criteria for post-construction, retrofit, and green infrastructure stormwater management applications
This design manual should be a must-read for all landscape architects, landscape designer, horticulturalists, agronomists, hydrologists, land use planners, and public works engineers, to name a few. Anyone who either disturbs the soil or wants to restore the soil should read and use the information in this book.
Rodney W. Tyler is a certified professional agronomist and CEO of Filtrexx, Inc. He has authored scores of technical articles and instructed at dozens of soil and compost industry-related events over the past 20 years.
Alexander Marks has taught at numerous national conferences including ASCE, StormCon, and the Landscape Contractors Association. Alex directs field education & training for stormwater professionals and has written and managed storm water plans as part of NPDES permit requirements as well as providing site design for both stormwater management and restoration work.
Dr. Britt Faucette, Ph.D., CPESC, LEED AP, has developed national and state specifications on organic materials used in stormwater management. He has contributed to over 100 articles and peer-reviewed journals after earning his doctorate researching soil-water-plant performances of BMP’s used in soil erosion and stormwater management practices.