Organized by the Smart Grid Observer, (www.smartgridobserver.com), the event will discuss case studies of improved network performance, resiliency, outage restoration, and distributed energy resource (DER) integration, with the intent of determining best practices and evaluating technology advances for possible implementation. As in prior years, this is a unique opportunity to network with top industry professionals who are leading the way toward effective grid modernization and the integrated, interoperable, resilient energy network of tomorrow.
Organizations confirmed to speak include ComEd, National Grid, AES, DTE Energy, ConEdison, Ameren, NextEnergy, Argonne National Lab, DNV GL, Midwest ISO, the University of Illinois at Chicago, EPRI, NEMA and many others.
Topics to be Addressed Include:
– Evaluating and deploying emerging technologies
– Managing and integrating distributed energy resources
– Energy storage advances for improved grid performance and flexibility
– Achieving the end-to-end Digital Utility vision
– Best practices and strategies for enhancing grid responsiveness and reliability
– Blockchain applications for the energy industry
– Advanced communications networks for next-gen services and apps
– Network architectures for the evolving energy ecosystem
– Advanced grid sensing, measurement and control technologies
– Enabling consumer choice while controlling costs and enhancing efficiency
– Microgrids as a strategy for utilities and C&I customers going forward
– Cybersecurity challenges and real-time response to disruptions
– And more